Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: An Abundance of Shorebirds in Panama. Posted on 1 Nov 2018. Published in Wader Study 125(2): 80-82.
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Shorebirds bending gender roles. Posted on 3 May 2018. Published in Wader Study 125(1): 4-6.
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Stopovers as ‘pre- and post-natal support’ for migrants. Posted on 30 Jan 2018. Published in Wader Study 124(3): 172-174.
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Spotlight: Not a spoon, but maybe a hammer, filter, or microphone Posted on 21 Aug 2017. Published in Wader Study 124(2): 91-92.
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Spotlight: A tale of two study sites with increasing shorebird numbers Posted on 24 Apr 2017. Published in Wader Study 124(1): 3-4.
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Molecular Scatology – PCR on poo reveals wader diets Posted on 7 Jan 2017. Published in Wader Study 123(3): 175-176.
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Cessation? Intensification? Maybe moderation? What is best for farmland waders? Posted on 6 Sep 2016. Published in Wader Study123(2): 84-85.
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Assessing hunting policy for multi-citizenship birds. Posted on 20 Apr 2016. Published in Wader Study 123(1): 4-5.
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Curiosity-driven conservation across continents. Posted on 7 Dec 2015. Published in Wader Study 122(3): 171-172.
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Geolocators like “baby monitors” to study breeding behaviour. Posted on 6 Sep 2015. Published in Wader Study 122(2): 87-88.
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Godwits adjust to climate change – humans must too. Posted on 9 Jul 2015. Published in Wader Study 122(1): 3–4.
Buehler, D. M. Toronto’s Winter Waterfowl. Guest post for Tommy Thompson Park Bird Research Station. Posted on 18 Mar 2015
Buehler, D. M. Spotlight: Crab Plovers are childcare innovators. First in a new series for the International Wader Study Group. Posted on 15 Mar 2015
Buehler, D. M. My first Christmas Bird Count brings wonders on the waterfront and in the “wasteland”. Guest post at Birds and Words. Posted 18 Jan 2015.
Buehler, D. M. Urban nature and releasing perfectionism. Intersections Blog, University of Toronto Family Care Office. Posted on 30 Oct 2014. Published in print in the Toronto Field Naturalist 611, April 2015 page 13.
Buehler, D. M. ‘Off the Clock’ with Debbie Buehler. University of Toronto HR and Equity. Posted on 28 Aug 2014.
Buehler, D. M. Strong evidence on neonics demands action despite ongoing debate. Ontario Nature Blog. Posted on 1 Aug 2014.
Buehler, D. M. The Literary Archaeologist. EDGE Magazine, Research and Innovation at the University of Toronto, Summer 2014, Vol. 16, No. 2.
Buehler, D. M. Wild City. A regular column for the parenting blog Bunch, meant to inspire parents and their children to reconnect with nature in the city.
- Wild PANAMA City. Posted on 9 June 2014
- City Kids and City Trees – Natural Allies. Posted on 30 April 2014
- Earth Day — Spring into Action. Posted on 22 April 2014
- ‘Nicotine’ (neonicotinoid) is bad for bees too. Posted on 31 March 2014
- Buried or Frozen: How Animals Survive Winter. Posted on 26 February 2014
- How Salt Affects Ice – and the Wild City. Posted on 28 January 2014
- Find Your Winter Wonderland. Posted on 3 January 2014
- Toronto’s Winter Owls. Posted on 12 December 2013
- Frontiers for Young Minds. Posted on 26 November 2013
- Fall Reveals The Squirrels’ World. Posted on 13 November 2013
- Salmon in Scarborough: Returning to Highland Creek. Posted on 21 October 2013
- Just Breathe at the Riverdale Ponds. Posted on 3 October 2013
- Farewell to Summer’s Dragonflies and Damselflies. Posted on 23 September 2013
- K.I.W.I = Kids In The Woods. Posted on 9 September 2013
- Escape to the Lower Don: Crothers Woods. Posted on 27 August 2013
- Miracle on Leslie St: Escape to “The Spit”. Posted on 19 August 2013
- The P in PRK is for Parenting (and Patience). Posted on 8 August 2013
- Wild Homes and Invaders in Rouge Park. Posted on 21 June 2013
- Chimney Swift Watching with Kids. Posted on 2 June 2013
- Spring Migration: Birding in the Big City. Posted on 17 May 2013
- Nature Hike in Rouge Park. Posted on 2 May 2013
- Watching Little Things Grow. Posted on 19 April 2013
Buehler, D. M. Women’s contribution to science goes unheard. The Conversation UK. Posted on 26 June 2013.
Buehler, D. M., and A. I. Castillo. 2010. Mutual Respect: An Example of Local Guide and Ornithologist Cooperation in the Republic of Panama, Pages 40-46 in S. Tidemann, and A. Gosler, eds. Ethno-ornithology: Birds, Indigenous Peoples, Culture and Society. London, Earthscan. Google Book excerpt.
Buehler, D. M. A Bridge between Canada and the Netherlands. Hague/Amsterdam/Rotterdam Times. 12 May 2006
Buehler, D. M. A question of WHY. Hague/Amsterdam/Rotterdam Times. 11 August 2006
Buehler, D. M. Roof-top perch is a rail travel adventure. The Toronto Star. 29 January 2004
Buehler, D. M. Lose Your Heart in Panama. The Toronto Star. 4 October 2003
Buehler, D. M. published seven bird species profiles between 1998 and 2007 to help educate the public about bird collisions with buildings in Toronto as a guest writer for FLAP (the Fatal Light Awareness Program)
Random musings about life depicted in words and pictures can be found on my blog.